What we need you to do:
The type of work is mixed and we will try to tailor it according to your skill set. Of course, this would be made easier if you are a full stack developer, although it is not necessary. If you are stuck, there will be someone to help you, although we expect you to be motivated to find a solution by yourself. This is especially important if you are in a very different time zone from us. The tasks which are going to be assigned to you are part of some long-term goals which we've been putting off because we're concentrating on more immediate problems.
While this position is primarily front-end oriented, your code will interface with WordPress, so a minimal understanding of PHP is preferred.
- JS, CSS, PHP (please do state in your application how comfortable you are with each)
- LESS or SCSS experience
- experience with implementing responsive websites
- being able to write code for the latest versions of all major browsers
- you need to be able to set up your local server (use of Varying Vagrant Vagrants is recommended if you are on Windows - we can help you with that)
- (recommended) grunt/gulp/webpack experience
- (recommended) shell experience
- (recommended) GSAP experience
- (recommended) WordPress experience
- (optional) WP CLI
- (optional) some React experience
- willingness to solve problems by yourself
- desire to improve your skills
- preferably Linux or Mac based - you will need to use a VM if you are on Windows
- you need to follow common coding conventions and standards
- you have to be able to work as a part of a team
- excellent command of English
- anticipate risks and technical challenges
- follow instructions and accommodate yourself to our existing development work flow
How to apply?
Send us the following:
- samples from your recent work (link to your portfolio + a code sample you’re proud of)
- tell us why you’re passionate about the sample you sent us
- timezone or location (for scheduling purposes)
- preferred working hours and availability
- state your experience with each of the skills above
- state if you can set up a local server by yourself and what OS you use
We would conduct an interview and the best candidates will be required to complete a short task (2-3 hours) based on a specification that we’ll provide. The completion of the test task will not require knowledge of our current products and we will help you to set up a suitable development environment.
We understand that this requires a little bit of time from you upfront, but we will look seriously at all applicants that take the time to respond with the above.